Having worked on affiliate marketing for years, as well as helping countless people start their journey, I have seen a couple problems surface over and over again. People new to affiliate marketing are constantly getting hung up or stuck on the same issues. If you are thinking about getting into Affiliate marketing, then check out 5 of the most common problems you will run into.
1. Picking A Niche – This is always tricky. Picking a niche is not as straight forward as it seems, and if you get it wrong it could negatively effect all of your futures steps. I always suggest choosing something you are interested in, but what happens if that passion isn’t a money maker? It is often said that you can monetize any interest on the internet, but some definitely pay off better than others. Make sure you do your research and choose a niche that you find interesting, but that can also make money.
2. Sticking To A Plan - When you first start out in affiliate marketing you usually go in with a plan. If that plan doesn’t go as well as hoped, it is easy to switch to another plan and try that. Jumping from plan to plan just dilutes your effort. You need to focus and put your time and effort into one plan. That way if it doesn’t work out at least you learned a lesson and you know you actually tried. You will also be bombarded with online offers of free traffic systems etc… These offers can also hurt your focus. Make sure you choose one path, and follow it to its end before you switch it up. Avoid the flashy offers.
3. Making A Website – For a lot of people this is a huge issue. If you have little to no web experience, the idea of building a website is almost laughable. When I first got online, I couldn’t ever imagine actually building my own website. Luckily, platforms like WordPress make it a lot easier for the newbie. You will still come across issues, so I suggest you get good at Google search. If you have an website issue, good chance someone else has and the answer is already out there.
4. Blogging aka Content – You need to be consistently creating content on your website. Content is the lifeblood of your website. It attracts visitors and search engine love. People new to affiliate marketing don’t realize the power or need sometimes. YOu need to create content and do it consistently. You cant put up five blog posts, a bunch of ads and then ask “Where is my money”. Your money is in the content…go and get it!
5. Traffic - Well this is the big key for ALL affiliates. We all want traffic and we always want more. Traffic building can be a struggle though, it oft times doesn’t happen overnight. This is one of the most disappointing things affiliate marketers face. You have to weather the early storm, and focus on building your site (lots of content) while using traffic generating techniques. If you build it, they will come.
When you are getting into affiliate marketing these 5 problems will eventually rear their head. The good news? You can learn how to deal with all of them! Don’t let these common problems slow you down. Be prepared…not scared.